[NEIGHBOURHOOD CHRONICLES 1] We like to keep in touch with the goings-on in our neighbourhood here on the fashionable Plateau Mont-Royal. We’re not too pleased to see the passing of the Théâtre de Quat’Sous building on the not-so-fashionable Avenue des Pins just a hop east of St-Laurent Blvd. Because they needed more space (the quarters were cramped and the actors lacked proper dressing rooms), the theatre opted for a new building rather than refurbishment. They also wanted to remain in the quartier. Can’t blame them. However, Luddites that we’re not, we still regret the passing of a neighbourhood landmark. Théâtre de Quat’Sous was founded in 1955 by Paul Buissonneau and moved to its present address in 1965. The building once housed the Nusach H'ari synagogue.