Friday 10 April 2009

Figuring Ground

Since Tuesday, I've been happily esconced in the blustery city of Saint John, NB. I flew here to attend the April 8th launch of Robert Moore's Figuring Ground, a book I edited for Wolsak & Wynn. It's a terrific collection of poems, Bob's third and best yet.

The event was an astounding success, with a crowd of 100+ streaming into the inprint bookshop on King Street, and, much later, the home he shares with his partner Judith Mackin. Photographs have recently been uploaded to his website.

At inprint, I picked up a copy of Brent Maclaine's new collection, Shades of Green (Acorn Press) which I was pleased to learn was nominated for the Atlantic Poetry Prize (Vehicule published Maclaine's first book, Wind and Root). Another noteworthy nod for an East coast poetry prize is George Murray's The Rush to Here, which was shortlisted for the E.J. Pratt prize.

No comments: